PTE Academic Retell Lecture Real Exam Topic – many PTE candidates came across the topic of ‘prokaryotic cells and eukaryotic cells‘ in their re-tell lecture section in the test. So the team at English2Language thought of helping the students to understand this biology concept to score well in PTE Retell Lecture section.
RELATED LINKS: PTE Memories – Retell Lecture – Deceptive Drug Ads
PTE Memories – Retell Lecture – Prokaryotes & Eukaryotes
Take a look at prokaryotic cells and eukaryotic cells to find out about the cell structure and classification of both prokaryotic cells and eukaryotic cells. You can take notes for PTE re-tell lecture on ‘prokaryote and eukaryote’ from the bullet points below:
- All cells fall into one of these two broad categories:
Prokaryote: Unicellular organism, bacteria, and archaea are classified as Prokaryotes – pro means “before” and karyon means “nut or kernel”.
Eukaryota: Any organism whose cells have a cell nucleus. Animals, plants, fungi, and protists are all Eukaryotes – eu means “true” and karyon means “nut or kernel”.
- Eukaryotic cells are more complex and much larger than prokaryotic cells.
- Prokaryotes: A Promising Agent in Environmental Bioremediation
Since long been known that microorganisms have different functions and unique detoxification of contaminated soil and, in recent years, this process is called bioremediation or bio reclamation.
Wikipedia says: The current model of the evolution of the first living organisms is that these were some form of prokaryotes, which may have evolved out of protocells. In general, the eukaryotes are thought to have evolved later in the history of life.
Prokaryotic & Eukaryotic Re-tell Lecture Points:
- This lecture talks about the Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes.
- The human cell is an example of Eukaryotic cells and Bacteria is an example of Prokaryotic cells.
- Eukaryotic organisms may be unicellular or multicellular.
- Organelles are an efficient way to organize everything that’s going on in the cell
- The defining feature that sets eukaryotic cells apart from prokaryotic cells is that they have membrane-bound organelles, especially the nucleus.
PTE Retell Lecture – Prokaryotic & Eukaryotic Cells – Sample Response Template
The speaker explained regarding prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells in this lecture. The main difference between these is…………………………… The prokaryotic cell is found in …………………………… and eukaryotic cells are found in ………………………… To conclude, the whole lecture is centered around the main differences among two types of cells.