Hello PTE Aspirants,
Giving PTE Exam? Check out some recently appeared retell lecture, summarize written text, summarize spoken text PTE Exam Topics and Questions. These PTE exam topics are shared student who sat for PTE Academic exam recently.
For PTE exam related query, please post your question in the comment section below.
Also Read: PTE Past Exam Memories – 06/09/2017 – China
PTE Exam Topics – Retell Lecture
Structure Change In Europe:
- The lecture mainly talks about the change in economic structure in Europe.
- In the early 19th century, the Industrial Revolution brought dramatic changes in economic structure of Europe
- Success in building larger, more efficient steam engines meant that the circulation of goods and services become faster.
- Expansion of middle-class population.
- The development of Europe in the early 19th century was an unprecedented economic transformation.
Mega City: Population Growth and the Resource Use
- The lecture is about population growth and resource consumption from 1900 to 2000.
- In 1900, the population was about 1.5 billion and it increased to 6 billion in 2000, an increase of 4 folds.
- The increase of energy consumption increased by 16 folds.
- Due to the urbanization, cities, which only account for 2% of the land, have 50% of the total population and consumes 75% of the resources.
- At the end, the lecturer emphasizes that people not only use every resource on the planet but also produce tons of wastes.
PTE Exam Topics – Summarize Written Text
- A study concludes that napping was more likely than diet or physical activity.
- A 30-minute mid-day napping could lower the incidence of heart attacks and other life-ending heart ailments.
- Diets rich in olive oil and healthy foods are good.
- Sleep at any time of day acts like a valve to release the stress of everyday life, which claim is supported by sound biochemical reasons and requires further research to confirm.
- At the end, the author stressed on further research to confirm.
- Males do the singing and females do the listening.
- A study found evidence for singing in females. Female’s song is quiet so mistaken for males.
- The study suggests that ancient females may have been singing to deter other females from their territories, to coordinate breeding activities with males, or possibly to attract mates.
PTE Exam Topics – Summarize Spoken Text
- The debt on Indian peasants has been increased and are unlikely to pay off.
- Once they borrow money from seed company to pay off their debts and buy seeds and pesticides, it becomes a vicious circle.
- Creditors are in the same industry which sells pesticides and seeds.
War Of Talent:
- The lecture is about the war of talent and the speaker explains three reasons behind this phenomenon.
- Firstly, the imminent retirement of the baby-boomers will decrease the number of the labor force and raise the shortage of skilled workers.
- Secondly, it is the collapse of loyalty. Employees are happy to change their workplace because of the higher income.
- Finally, it is the mismatch between what schools are producing and what companies need.