Write about the following PTE Essay topic in 200-300 words. Complete the task in 20 minutes.
It is now possible for scientists and tourists to travel to remote natural environment, such as the South Pole. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
MODEL PTE ESSAY:
- Paraphrase: As technology has developed, people now can travel to remote natural areas.
- Linking Sentence: While this trend is beneficial to some extent, I would argue that its disadvantages are more significant.
BODY 1 – ADVANTAGES
- Topic Sentence: On the one hand, visiting isolated natural places has some benefits.
- First and foremost, this is a newer and more interesting type of travelling.
- Why: Since going to other cities or countries has been too common for most people, it might be more excitingfor them to explore new places such as the South Pole or the Amazon rainforest.
- Result: This gives them valuable experiences and unforgettable memories.
- Secondly, when visiting remote areas, people, especially scientists, might acquire more knowledge about the natural habitat.
- Example: When coming to the North Pole, scientists can learn about the life of polar bears which live far away from humans.
BODY 2 – DISADVANTAGES
- Topic sentence: On the other hand, I believe that this development has far more drawbacks.
- The first one is that traveling to remote natural places can be risky if travelers are not sufficiently prepared.
- Example: The temperature at the South Pole is usually very low, which adversely affects people’s health.
- Also, since visiting isolated places often requires a large amount of investment in researching and ensuring the safety of the travelers, the costs of traveling tend to be high.
In conclusion, it seems like only scientists and rich people can afford this.