Here are PTE Academic exam memories as shared by a student who appeared for the exam on 29/08/2017 at Sydney center. Practice writing a “High Score” response for PTE questions. We are continuously updating the questions, so stay tuned!
PTE Academic Exam Memories – 29/08/2017
RELATED LINKS: PTE Academic Exam Memories – 23/08/2017
PTE SPEAKING RETELL LECTURE: DARKNESS IN GALAXY
- Why is the sky dark at night?
- The reason is the finite universe, paradox, and finite in size and age (from the big bang).
- This lecture talked about the darkness between galaxies.
- A picture from Nasa was provided to further explain the darkness.
- This picture is copyright free and can be found in newspapers, magazines and on the internet.
- According to the lecturer, gaps between galaxies are not dark. The reason why we cannot see it is that our eyes are not able to detect the infrared light.
- To conclude, the darkness between galaxies still remain mysterious to us.
PTE SPEAKING RETELL LECTURE: LOW CHILD BIRTH RATE
- This lecture concerns about declining birth rate in western countries.
- More and more western women under 30 years old do not want to give birth to babies.
- There is a decreasing birth rate and two adults only gave birth to average one child.
- It affects the development of both man and women in western countries and it relates several factors such as unemployment rate.
- Western women didn’t want to have children, the lowest birth rate in human history.
- Several factors such as unemployment rate, lead to this phenomenon.
- Developed countries, such as European countries have lower willing to give birth.
- The result has a correlation with its partner(boyfriend), especially the unemployed partner.
PTE SPEAKING REPEAT SENTENCE:
- It is quite clear that the rising prosperity does not make people feel more content.
- Knives and forks should be placed next to the spoon on the edge of the table.
- Make sure you correctly cite all your sources.
PTE SPEAKING ANSWER SHORT QUESTION:
- What kind of animal is Horse? – Mammal
- What are the ten years? – Decade
- Camel lives in which habitat? – Desert
PTE WRITING SUMMARIZE WRITTEN TEXT: ASKING QUESTIONS
PTE WRITING SUMMARIZE WRITTEN TEXT: PARENT’S BORN ORDER AFFECTS THEIR PARENTING
- Parent’s own birth order can influence the family they are raising.
- It is a pretty safe bet that youngest parents will be nervous, zealous, vigilant and likely over protective.
PTE WRITING ESSAY:
PTE READING RE-ORDER PARAGRAPHS:[A] Mayor-controlled districts have seen improved student achievement across all subjects and student groups. [B] In cities with lagging student achievement, getting more engagement from mayors or increasing their authority over schools could be part of the solution. [C] Moving to a mayor-led district can also help spur innovation and advancement. [D] Mayoral control of schools can be effective.
PTE READING FILL IN THE BLANKS: ZERO GRAVITY ENVIRONMENT
Researchers already know that spending long periods of time in a zero-gravity environment — such as that inside the International Space Station (ISS) — results in loss of bone density and damage to the body’s muscles. That’s partly why stays aboard the ISS are capped at six months. And now, a number of NASA astronauts are reporting that their 20/20 vision faded after spending time in space, with many needing glasses once they returned to Earth.
The new study, published in the Journal of Radiology, examined the eyes and brains of 27 astronauts who had spent an average of 108 days in space. MRI scans showed that spending just 30 days in space resulted in a rare medical condition called intracranial hypertension — where “pressure inside the skull rises and presses on the brain and backs of the eyes,” says Ian Sample at Britain’s Guardian.
PTE LISTENING SUMMARIZE SPOKEN TEXT: DNA & RNA
- The lecture talks about one of the four findings from biology studying.
- Butterfly, flowers, dolphin and other creatures look different but they are closely related to each other.
- They all rely on DNA and RNA to store and transmit genetic information.
- All organs have metabolism system, which converts energy from one form to another.
PTE LISTENING WRITE FROM DICTATION
- Our group is going to meet tomorrow in the library conference room.
- Reference materials are held at the library reference desk.
- The relative humidity is the amount of moisture that air can hold.
- This schedule allows a plenty of time for independent study.